Pitch Sessions are a great way for artists to get out in front of the presenters…
As an artist or agent registering for Ontario Contact, you have the opportunity to request a 5-minute pitch. There are designated times in the schedule during which 5-minute “elevator speeches” are presented to conference attendees.
Pitch Sessions are an excellent way to introduce yourself to the presenting delegates. The Sessions are very popular events and many artists have received work as a result of their pitch.
The intention of these pitches is to generate interest in presenters to visit your booth and learn more about your artists. Keeping this in mind, we are trying to streamline the sessions and therefore will be making some changes for 2019.
Only 30 pitch spots will be available for Ontario Contact 2019. They will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. If you would like to pitch your work or artist(s), please register early and request a pitch when asked during registration.
We provide further updates for 2020 as details are confirmed.
Please keep the following in mind:
- If you are an agent with a showcasing artist, you have the opportunity to generate interest in your booth via the showcase. You will not receive a pitch, nor will any of your artists even if they are attending the conference and were unsuccessful in their showcase application.
- Priority will be given to:
- Self-represented artists registered for the conference who had an unsuccessful showcase application.
- Agents representing artist(s) who were not selected for a showcase
- If multiple artists represented by the same agency apply to pitch, they will be asked to share a joint pitch
- As a requirement of participating in a pitch session, the artist must either be registered as an exhibitor to attend the conference or have a representative registered.
For further information contact:
Event Manager, Ontario Contact